[CQ-Contest] Understanding Signal-to-noise ratio on the RBN

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Understanding Signal-to-noise ratio on the RBN
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 07:33:54 -0500
One of the most frequently asked questions about the RBN has to do with the meaning of the SNR that is included in each spot. I've been answering these questions, and, as I learned yesterday, propagating some incorrect information. I have just posted the correct version on the RBN blog at <http://reversebeacon.blogspot.com/2014/03/understanding-signal-to-noise-ratio-snr.html>. It was derived verbatim from an e-mail exchange I had yesterday with Alex, VE3NEA, and is reproduced there with his permission.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at