Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW 2 point rule

To: Bob Kupps <n6bk@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW 2 point rule
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 00:46:06 +0700
I have watched a few avid and good contesters arrive on the continent of
Asia and wake up to the fact that most major contest rules are written for
North America.  Many then reduce their aspirations and op time too.

>From S E Asia to Cyprus or to N. America it is 3 to 4 hops.  From  Barbuda
to NA is ONE hop.  Something wrong with this picture?  Sure is.  73, Charly

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Bob Kupps via CQ-Contest <
cq-contest@contesting.com> wrote:

> Hi I would like the committee to revisit  this rule.
>
> I understand the reasons for this rule and the fact that most of the
> contesters in EU and NA who make up the vast super majority of all
> contesters on the planet appear to support it and are happy with it.
>
> What I have never understood is why the reasons that apply to NA should
> not also apply to the remaining 4 continents, all having an equal or
> greater geographical extent than NA, and would equally benefit from
> increased activity from stations in many multipliers who would have more
> incentive to get on, exactly as was rationalized for Caribbean contest
> expeditions in NA.
>
> I would like to hear from contesters in EU and NA why this rule should not
> be extended to the remaining 4 continents.
>

> Thanks and 73 Bob HS0ZIA

Charly, HS0ZCW