Re: [CQ-Contest] Comments on CQWW Rules

To: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Comments on CQWW Rules
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 00:39:08 +0700
I never wait for an I.D.  I just call.  Because I have not computed my
minutes spent sipping water, etc., I dont care.
If everyone would do the same, all these minute minders will get the idea.
IS this some kind of crowdsourcing simple answer to a problem.......  i.e.,
a problem, not an "issue."
73 Charly

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM, W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com> wrote:

> This post is the perfect definition of hypocrisy.
>
> Mike W0MU
>
> On 6/24/2014 6:43 PM, Radio K0HB wrote:
>
>> A friend of mine, no stranger to the top 10, made this comment to me in
>> an off line email.......
>>
>> "....the enormous arrogance of the tiny minority that can afford to
>> operate from "the other side" and feel as thought the whole contest is only
>> about THEM.  Apparently the rest of us are just cannon fodder, filler for
>> their logs."
>>
>> I agree with him.
>>
>> And, oh by the way Barry, yes, some of us still "search".
>>
>> 73, de Hans, K0HB
>>

>> -----Original Message----- From: Michael Adams
>> Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 5:15 PM
>> To: cq-contest@contesting.com
>> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Comments on CQWW Rules
>>
>> Did anyone tally the feedback made _after_ WPX about stations that felt
>> they were more/less disadvantaged because of the ID requirement, or
>> stations that that found the contest more/less fun because of the rule
>> change?
>>
>> To be honest, I don't remember much post-contest feedback one way or the
>> other; I just remember a lot of fuss when the change was announced.
>>
>> While I think that a strong argument could be made that ID frequency is a
>> strategy choice that could be of concern between competitive stations in a
>> close race, I also think that a stronger argument could be made that having
>> running stations ID more frequently might enhance the enjoyment of little
>> guns or casual operators who fill the logs of the competitive stations.
>>
>> Personally, I don't think that the proposed rule change is the end of the
>> world.  But I'd play in the contest and have fun regardless of whether the
>> change was made.    Others' mileage may vary.

Charly, HS0ZCW