Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: Dimly lit working environments:

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: Dimly lit working environments:
From: Cedrick Johnson <fredwt2p@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 14:56:08 -0500
I tend to work well with the glow of a small desktop salt lamp slightly
behind my monitors. The lamps usually have a small night light bulb (4
watts or so) and some of the lamp enthusiasts put different colour bulbs in
them.

For the light from the monitors, i use the free F.Lux (or Flux) program
which adjusts the tint of the monitor automatically based on the time of
day. It works on both Windows and OSX. For daytime operation it's set to
6500K but at night I have it automatically adjust based on my location's
sunset to my personal preference.

HTH,
WT2P