Re: [CQ-Contest] Travelling for Contests or Dxpeditions

To: Cq-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Travelling for Contests or Dxpeditions
From: "David Kozinn, K2DBK" <dkozinn@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:11:54 -0400
The powering up things is of concern to me even for domestic travel. I
occasionally bring my radio with me when visiting family in Florida. I
normally activate one of the islands (NA-034) for IOTA purposes when I'm
down there, and run off the car battery. I don't bring a power supply with
me, so if they were to ask me to power up the radio during screening I'd
have a pretty tough time doing so unless they've got a car battery lying
around somewhere.

73,
     David, K2DBK
     k2dbk.com