Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Participation?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Participation?
From: "Yan (XV4Y)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 14:31:15 +0700
Hi,

That's still the case even in solar peak if you leave in an area with a low
radioamateur population like here in SE Asia.
When the band does not open to EU or NA, you can get bored very quickly working
the fellows around you.
Nobody (even JA) turns its antenna in your direction and you can keep calling
CQ for few QSOs.
Only a par of stations make a full 24/48h effort, diminishing even more the
chance of working local stations (when there is long-haul propagation,
everybody is busy, when not, everybody has gone...).

Not complaining here (I like the place I choose to live, even with the
drawbacks), just telling the other side of the story.

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y