Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 12:14:45 -0400
UB5K is a proper call sign for Ukraine according the ITU call sign block. I do not understand how UB5K would not count. If CQ is not going to count this then every Ukraine entry would not count.
The only way I know this is Russia assigned is that Andy said so.

Russia cannot issue Ukraine call signs so Andy needs to use his correct Ukraine call sign. Otherwise he must get a proper Russian prefix and then he meets the DXCC criteria that Russian calls for Crimea are Russia and Ukraine call signs are still Ukraine.

73 Dave K4JRB
DXAC SE Division ARRL