Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB
From: Kostas SV1DPI <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 12:23:20 +0300
I would say that CQ (and everyone other) must preserve what the United Nations say. I agree of course that a Ham wants just to be on the air and enjoy our hobby. But we can not accept a jungle's law where everyone does what he wants. As I know UN does not recognise Crimea as part of Russia at this moment. But CQ has a dirty nest, because has recognised Kossovo in the past while also United Nations does not recognise it. So it is true that CQ makes politics at this moment and we fall in the same trap (we do the same). Even I believe the past decision was wrong (abt Kossovo), at the present time and before all this conversation take part it would be better CQ let things without any comment (as rtty section cleverly did). Nobody would know that a station was from Crimea or Russia (except Russians stations and possibly some Ukrainians). Now the best solution is, both ARRL and CQ add into their regulations that "we accept United Nations borders to determine a country" (Unfortunately ARRL has done the same mistakes in past). Of course this means that some already "countries" as Kossovo will be deleted. Any other solution is unfair for someone and allow us to think that they make politics...

73 Kostas SV1DPI