[CQ-Contest] 10/15 interaction

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 10/15 interaction
From: Randall K Martin <rkmassoc@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 11:33:39 -0700
Wow,

Thanks for all the quick responses. Here is a summary of what I've heard so far.

1) I am already using coax stubs on both the 10M and 15M feedlines, and I believe these are working. I do not have a 15M reject stub on the 10M feed, so this is a good suggestion and I will try it.

2) Kelly VE4XT had a good suggestion to add a choke balun on the 10M yagi in addition to the standard KLM balun that is already in place to see if this will help. The 10M feedline runs down through the plane of the 15M yagi. WX is nice here and I can easily try this.

3) There may be less interaction when the yagis are 90 degrees from each other, but in almost all situations, I am pointing them in the same direction. Also, my goal is to eliminate the HI RFI problem from happening in any scenario.

4) Getting rid of the K-3's is not something I would consider.

5) The antennas are both 6 element KLM big stickers, both with standard KLM feed baluns of that era.

73 Randy K0EU