Re: [CQ-Contest] No more Unassisted in ARRL VHF Contests?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] No more Unassisted in ARRL VHF Contests?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 13:25:06 -0600
I don't cheat. I don't know how much the proposed rules will impact me,
either. I have been a Single-Op (QRP) Portable in most VHF contests for the
last 10 years or more. My favorite spot to operate from now is iffy on
phone connectivity and there is no wireless anywhere near. So it's just me
and my radios and sometimes my phone. I have that along in case of
emergencies. I've slept in my car up on that hill more times than I can
count, and sometimes strange people show up there in the middle of the
night. I do NOT sleep on the hill in the January contest. I've been renting
a motel room in the nearest town, 10 miles away, to stay warm on Saturday
night that weekend.
:-)

73, Zack W9SZ