Re: [CQ-Contest] A comment from SS

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A comment from SS
From: Ken Low <kenke3x@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:29:59 -0500
K3TN wrote:

"That's definitely the PVRC effect at work - since MD is something like only
the 16th most populous state and ranks 25th in licensed hams. Very high
percentage of those licensed hams getting on in SS to maintain the winning
streak.

Maryland probably ranks number in number of leaves left unraked on the lawn
until after November - actually, when you look at PVRC scores in CQ WW CW,
maybe that is when everyone is raking the lawns..."

Ha!   No joke - I missed all the local DC government leaf collections last year
for exactly that reason, and the 4-foot tall leaf pile sat in front of my house
all winter.

So this year I paid my teenagers $20 an hour to do the family leaf raking.
They are licensed General ops but go figure - money was more important to them
than making Sweepstakes QSO's!   What's up with that?   Clearly I have not
taught them proper values ...

Ken KE3X