[CQ-Contest] WRTC 2018 - PY Spots

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2018 - PY Spots
From: Luc DXBrasil <py8azt@dxbrasil.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 14:49:29 -0300
Dear Contesters,

As best as I know, every past WRTC hoster get an extra spot for future
WRTC editions. That didn't happen on 2014 for PYs. The SA#1 was shared
by PY and ZP (very bad situation for ZP), but Brazil didn't get the
extra spot as former hoster, just like any other hosters.

Now, WRTC 2018 is repeating the very same mistake. It's almost
impossible a ZP get a spot running against 400+ PY Contesters. It's
likely PY will have only ONE team on next WRTC.

In my interpretation, PY contesters should run alone for SA#1, and
ALSO dispute a second spot on the South America area.

DL organizers have freedom to set the qualify rules, but they should
not remove a deserved spot from a former organizer.

--
73, Luc

https://plus.google.com/+DxbrasilNet
__
PW7T Team member
WRTC.2006 Brazilian Referee
WRTC.2010 Brazilian Team Leader
WRTC.2014 Brazilian Referee
PY8AZT (also PT7AG, R37U, ZY7C, PX8C, ZZ8Z)
LABRE, ARRL, CWJF & Fortaleza DX Group Member