Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC2018 Qualifying (Richard DiDonna NN3W)

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC2018 Qualifying (Richard DiDonna NN3W)
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 13:49:17 -0500
I fail to see how the competing rules have anything to do with the
qualifying rules from the history of WRTC.

First of all its always been 2 person teams running either M/S or M2 and
using 100W to in one case 400W.  Yet almost no one qualifies using 100W or
400W and almost no one qualifies running all M/S or M2.  Many are single op
running 1kW+.

So seriously, what difference to the above does adding assistance to the
competition make?

Oh and I forgot, half the competitors don't even qualify but are selected
with virtually no criteria other than who they are friends with.

It is a noble thought to have a WRTC type Olympics whereby the competition
is done the same way as the qualifying.  But this has never been the history
of WRTC it is historical or present form.

Ed  N1UR