Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC2018 Qualifying

To: 4o3a@t-com.me, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC2018 Qualifying
From: K8MR via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 21:25:07 -0500
IMHO the Germans have come up with pretty good qualifying criteria.

I do have two suggestions for our German friends:

1. For W/VE stations, the ARRL DX contests should count for a full 1000
points.Over here it is just as serious of a competitive contest as is CQWW.  A
lower maximum for those outside W/VE is still reasonable.

2. The out-of-home-region area rule should be relaxed to allow those operating
from outside their home region but within a certain distance of their home (150
km?) to not be restricted by the out of area rule. Somebody who lives in DC but
operates from a station a few km away in VA should not be treated as an out of
area operator. (In this example he would still be ranked against the other
stations in W4, not those in W1-2-3).

73  -  Jim  K8MR