Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: WRTC 18 Qualifying

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fwd: WRTC 18 Qualifying
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 14:49:37 -0800
On Tue,12/9/2014 10:11 AM, Igor Sokolov wrote:
May be 3000 is only true for EU but over 2000 CONFIRMED in 24 hours which was shown by several stations in different cathegories from NA still means an average of almost 100 QSO per hour.

That would be limited to those with very good stations who are ideally located to work the most populated parts of Russia. Russia is a VERY big country, but most contesters are in the eastern parts. North America is also very big, and only stations in the northeast have a good path to the parts of Russia with many contesters. I am near San Francisco. I have a good path to UA0 when the bands are open, but only a not good one to the rest of Russia, over the pole. In 8 years, I have only two 80M QSOs With European Russia, running 1.5kW to a dipole up 45m. 40, 20, and 15 are somewhat better, but nearly always with arctic flutter and often weak signals. N2IC told you his experience with RDXC; his QTH is better than mine, and he's a better operator.

73, Jim K9YC