Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting without spotting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting without spotting
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 09:00:41 -0800
Hi Mark

It used to be that way with individual spotters, but with RBN, as soon as that rare one calls CQ, RBN picks it up and spots it. Then you, as unassisted, are competing with the assisted op's. You are both in the same pileup, whether assisted or not.

I agree - it used to be very exciting to be tuning the band and hear a '5923, but now you hear a '5923'. then ROOOOAAAARRRRR calling them.

Can you imagine what it must sound like on the DX end :-)  73
Tom W7WHY