Re: [CQ-Contest] Why not work dupes?

To: <k5zd@charter.net>, <sawyered@earthlink.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why not work dupes?
From: "Peter Chamalian W1RM" <w1rm@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 10:17:15 -0500
In the time it takes to say dupe/b4 or not in log, etc.  it's just faster to
work 'em again and move on.  Besides it doesn't break the rhythm of a run.

Back in the day of the dupe sheet (remember those?) keeping it up to date
was a pain in the contest and you were penalized for dupes if you didn't
mark them as such.  And then you had to do it all over again to be sure.

Thanks to computer logging that's all gone away.  So just work 'em and keep
moving!

Now I can appreciate the situation where you suddenly get a rash of dupes --
it suggests one of two things -- they aren't work you or something else is
spotted on your run frequency.  The latter is easily solved by signing your
call frequently!  The former, well that's life in the big city (:->).

Happy Holidays all!

Pete, W1RM