Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R technical questions

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R technical questions
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 20:00:43 -0500
Both of these devices are for receive antennas only and you should still use
bandpass filters with them in a multi-transmitter environment. When running
HP, I typically just short the RX antenna when transmitting however this
only works when using a Beverage with a single radio. Yesterday I purchased
the DX Engineering RG-5000 hoping to eliminate the shorting relay.

John KK9A