Re: [CQ-Contest] Announcing the North America SSB Sprint-boycott from "M

To: Paul Stoetzer <n8hm@arrl.net>, Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Announcing the North America SSB Sprint-boycott from "MAR"
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 11:11:14 -0600
Complaining about contests that do not use sections but lump areas together:
valid. You go, girl!

Complaining that contests that do use sections should somehow separate those
sections: not so much.

Sections are created by the field services needs of ARRL and RAC. That they
are also contest multipliers is merely coincidental: Neither organization
creates an entire administrative structure of a section merely for the
purposes of a multiplier.

73, kelly
ve4xt