[CQ-Contest] Spring & NAQP

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Spring & NAQP
From: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 19:03:05 -0500
W1AW/3 (@K3VOA), N8HM, W3HAC, KE3X,  W3DQ & NN3RP all were on from D.C. in
the 2014 ten meter contest.  But you would have to know the callsigns to
recognize which "MD" stations were located in D.C. for NAQP because some
signed "MD" to prevent others having logging problems.  PVRC even holds a
monthly meeting in downtown D.C. to which anyone interested in contesting
is welcome, including anyone on this reflector.

There's activity and interest in DC, notwithstanding that after 9-11
security at government buildings has made access difficult or impossible
for non-employees at some of the better club stations that used to get on
regularly.  (I operated my first contest after college at W3DOS in D.C.,
before being invited by K7UGA to join W3USS at the other end of the Mall.)
  73, Dave K3ZJ