Re: [CQ-Contest] Spring & NAQP

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Spring & NAQP
From: "Leigh S. Jones" <kr6x@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:26:02 -0800
Hans knows the answer to his question, of course -- ARRL section multipliers in
contests are reflections of the ARRL Field Organization maps.    As for states,
there are 50 states.  Pick up a flag and start counting stars.

You know, I really don't have strong feelings on this subject, I don't really
oppose the notion of a VE9 multiplier in the SS.  But I have to object that so
many of us are being forced through this discussion simply because a few people
want to look for ways to gain personal advantages in contests.  That is purely
what it is, you know.  Here in California many top-notch SS scores are already
lacking MAR section multipliers due to the distance and poor representation
from that section due to low populations, why should we have to listen to
whiners who want Maritime broken up into five sections in the SS just to make
them rarer DX?  The process should be: the ARRL Field Organization organizes
determines what comprises a section!  Ah, yes, there is politics here -- why
didn't I say the RAC determines what a section is in Canada? Anybody? Does the
RAC co-sponsor the SS contest?  There's real opportunity here, you know.  I've
got the notion that there may even be some ARRL directo
 rs who would just as soon let RAC take over SS sponsorship completely.  Not
that I like the idea, you know.

Leigh S. Jones KR6X