Re: [CQ-Contest] More on Mar vs NB NS and PE.

To: w1ve@yccc.org
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] More on Mar vs NB NS and PE.
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 21:04:35 -0500
> Andy points out the low ham population -- this should be an INCENTIVE to
> get on for a contest -- MAR is the exact opposite -- Why get on if some
> other MAR is on.

I don't have a dog in this fight - great discussion though!

But - I must question this comment.  If there are other ON stations on,
does this mean "meh - don't bother - there will always be someone else they
can work..."  This can be applied to many contesters in many provinces,
states and countries, and I hope it is NOT a widely held opinion!  To me -
more activity is always welcome, and I hope it is just a mis-statement...
Just because the guy down the street is on does not mean you cannot get on
as well.

Tom - VE3CX