Re: [CQ-Contest] Posting Scores

To: sawyered@earthlink.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Posting Scores
From: K8MR via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 20:18:10 -0400

From my experience, the decision to spot is largely a judgement of what one thinks would be interesting for somebody to work. In my time at the K8AZ multiop efforts, when on the multiplier station, or listening on a band we aren't using at the time, I'll spot Asian or Pacific mults, but I rarely bother to spot common Europeans.

I sense the same thing (by checking spots after the contest) in domestic contests, that guys in North Dakota or Wyoming get a lot more spots than us folks in Ohio.

On a different subject, today in Florida, not inspired to drag out the KX3 and antennas to do QRP on SSB to give out the rare K8 multiplier, I checked into the WPX scoreboard. It was about as interesting to a non-participating person as is watching paint dry. (That's paint on walls, not drying body paint which can be quite interesting :-) ). I can't imagine trying to introduce somebody to contesting by having them watch a glorified spread sheet.

Now maybe if we could hear streaming audio from CN2AA . . .

73  -  Jim  K8MR