Re: [CQ-Contest] Posting Scores

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Posting Scores
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 23:43:59 -0700
On Sat,3/28/2015 5:18 PM, K8MR via CQ-Contest wrote:
I'll spot Asian or Pacific mults, but I rarely bother to spot common Europeans.

Obviously, interesting to one operator is boring to others. BUT -- I find it VERY useful to know who is hearing what on various bands, and especially around my frequency. Example -- tonight, I was running on 75M, and saw a spot for an EI about 1 kHz from me. I slid down a kHz or so so that the guys on the east coast calling him wouldn't cover me up, so I would still have a chance to work them. That turned out to be a good move -- a few minutes later, EA7 called me.

I admit to getting really lazy about spotting. Thanks for the prod.

73, Jim K9YC