[CQ-Contest] Posting Scores - WPX SSB Experience

To: CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Posting Scores - WPX SSB Experience
From: jpescatore--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 08:27:18 -0400
At the AC3U (@K4VV) multi-mulit effort in WPX SSB, K4XD got the CQCONTEST
reporting set up and we found that seeing the ebb flow of our score vs. NE1C
was definitely a boon to keeping butts in chairs - which is actually more
important in an all remote effort, since many more distractions for everyone
since they are at home.

We passed them over Saturday night but the weird propagation on Sunday meant we
couldn't raise much out of EU on 10, 15 or 20 and could only get rate pointing
West and working 1 pointers. We maintained a QSO lead but their score kept
growing faster than ours and they ended up ahead.

Off duty ops would CTRL-E message updates across N1MM - it definitely spurred
BIC time. Just by hearing serials numbers we would have thought we had a
comfortable lead, though it was obvious our average points/QSO were dropping
all Sunday afternoon.

As I said earlier, personally I still like the come out of the bunker at the
end and see how you did, but for the multi-effort the real time reporting
worked out well and everyone enjoyed it.As Steve points out - all automatic, no
effort required at all.

73 John K3TN