Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 TO7A.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 TO7A.
From: Oliver Dröse <droese@necg.de>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 23:34:42 +0200
Ahem, isn't this exactly what we do with SO2R or even SO2V? Your examples below show 8 and 10 minutes between the two 40 m QSOs. Plenty of time to find new mults on the second radio/VFO and stack a few of them into the bandmap to get back later, i.e. after 1008z. I'm doing exactly the same even with SO2V if I can't nail them 1st call. Decision to make between trying a 2nd or 3rd time for the mult and possibly loosing your run frequency on the 1st radio/VFO or just putting them into the bandmap and then clicking through the saved spots later when the pileups went down. This can (but does not need to) explain the big QRG differences, just work through your own mult list on the bandmap or mult window. Everytime I do a band change I go hunting for mults first leaving all "normal" QSOs beside. Maximizing results in short time! ;-)

What that really means is certain patterns are no evidence of cheating but can also be a sign of clever operating techniques! They might be an indication but more is needed to be 100% sure! Analyzing a log along will never be enough to convict somebody of assisted cheating. You must take other sources like cluster/RBN spots into account, too, but even then be aware of possible coincidences! Can't count the times I found a mult all by myself with it getting a packet spot the same minute ...

Unless the contest committee is unveiling what and how they checked to come to the conclusion that TO7A used assistance all else is just pure speculation. You can't convict from the log alone.

73, Olli - DH8BQA

Contest, DX & radio projects: http://www.dh8bqa.de