Re: [CQ-Contest] My experience applying for a 1X2 call, HELP!

To: Contest List <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] My experience applying for a 1X2 call, HELP!
From: "Mike Ritz, W7VO" <w7vo@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 21:40:31 +0000 (UTC)
Ron is right on the money. It took me 13 tries and a year to get my 7 land 1X2,
which I wanted after I moved from 6 land in 2007. I wanted a 7 land call so I
would not be at the disadvantages in contests mentioned by Ron. If you don't
care seriously about contesting it doesn't matter at all where your call is
from.

It takes a combination of perseverance and luck. There is no magic involved,
it's just the luck of the draw, and making sure you get your request in on time
(not too early), and not late either.

73;

Mike, W7VO