Re: [CQ-Contest] Proposed rules changes

To: "Mike Ritz, W7VO" <w7vo@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Proposed rules changes
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 13:08:56 -0400
I am gong to read between the lines, and I will be the first to admit
this is a guess on my part.

This is aimed at folks with TOP 10 World scores.  Not the "Boy and his
radio" class entrant.  By having date/time AND frequency, it makes it
easier to find his/her QSO's on the SDR recordings.  If both entrants
on a QSO have 14000 - that makes for a big chunk of space to dig
through to find that QSO.

If you are using a 'C' Line (great radio!) or similar vintage gear,
chances are you in the 'Classic' category instead of the top 10...

When looking at the gear lineup from last years WRTC, I did not recall
anyone there draging a C Line to the event...

Tom - VE3CX