Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW - Proposed rule changes.

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW - Proposed rule changes.
From: brian coyne <g4odv@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 04:42:15 +0000 (UTC)

      -

  I am really puzzled and exasperated by this continued debate as to what
constitutes assistance. What is there not to understand?
Let's get back to basics. Our hobby is ham radio, radio being the operative
word. Radio, cw or voice, is an audio mode, not in any way a visual mode, we
detect it by hearing and information acquired in any other way is assistance -
end of.
If guys use any other means of gathering information, including cw decoders,
then what is the big deal why they should not enter the 'Assisted' category?
Beats me.
73  Brian  C4Z / 5B4AIZ.