Re: [CQ-Contest] level playing field and the 2 point "exception"

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] level playing field and the 2 point "exception"
From: K4XS via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 22:49:28 -0400
Most of us choose our QTH.  When we decide to operate from a  certain part
of the world, we accept the advantages and  disadvantages.

Those who choose to operate on the southern islands just north of  zone 9
accept the fact that NA contacts are only two pointers even though just a
couple of hundred miles to the southwest P4 gets to count them as three
pointers.

Likewise I know that I can't be as competitive as a K1 in  CQWW.  I chose
the QTH and live with it.   When I lived out on  KH6, there was no way I
could beat guys on ZF/8P etc for the ARRL DX.   However, it was my choice to
operate from there....no bitching from me about the  rules.

For guys out on KH6, DARC's WAE contest is a contest where we could  never
win.  I didn't expect the guys in Germany to change the rules because  EU
was 8000 miles away from KH6.

Like any sport, if you don't like the way the game is played, don't  play.
The contest sponsors  will know if the contest is a dud and  will change
the rules.  If you don't like the way a certain QTH plays in a  contest, we
are always free to QSY permanently or temporarily to a new QTH to  negate the
QTH disadvantage.

Contesting is supposed to be fun.  When a certain contest is  not, I turn
off the radio and do something else.

By the way, KH7XS is a definite go, and I expect to be operating  from a
QTH less than a mile away from my old place by this time next year..even
though WAE win is only in my dreams.

K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 5/26/2015 2:18:24 A.M. Coordinated Universal Time,