Re: [CQ-Contest] level playing field and the 2 point "exception"

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] level playing field and the 2 point "exception"
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 09:34:28 -0700
Bill,

As much as I respect the fine stations that you've been able to build, I don't know who the "us" is in your first sentence. Most of the "us" that includes me build stations where we live, which is usually determined by factors unrelated to ham radio. Is your "us" the 1% with all the money in the world? I don't believe that contesting rules should favor those with money to build any station anywhere, and I believe that contesting will be stronger and healthier if they does not.

Contest scoring rules that leave 95% of the world's hams out of the game are simply not good for contesting. Your example of WAE is completely out of context. I'm talking about contests that are CALLED WorldWide, and ARRL DX contests that should be inclusive of members living anywhere, but are not.

73, Jim K9YC