[CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Scoring

To: "CQ-Contest@contesting.com" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Scoring
From: Felipe J. Hernández <np4zet@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 21:48:16 -0400
There are some good arguments, but also a lot of complaining.

Please read well Ward's email.. I dont think that theres any formula to
make everyone happy and I completely oppose the idea that not all contests
are made for everyone in terms of propagation.

All of these arguments do not apply for someone that tries to compete
against his neighbor period!! One of my favorite contests is the SAC, just
listening to the flutterly signals and working a few stations on 10/15 was
a great thing... It was just fun working them even as they were few.

The most beneficial for all will be to dedicate significant bandwith on the
magazine to the stations operating from  challenged areas and give them
recognition.
I urge the committees to spend time on better writeups that exalt the
regional participation and you will have growth like youve never expected.

We are competitors!!  it doestn matter how much romance you add to the
formula of contesting, by human nature we need recognition!!