Re: [CQ-Contest] Two Towers, Two Tribanders - Coax Length for Stack Matc

To: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Two Towers, Two Tribanders - Coax Length for Stack Match?
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 00:12:02 +0700
I would not do this plan ....
1.  1.5 kw split equally (good question itself) FOUR ways is 375 watts for
each antenna.  Someone with more data can compute the ERP and directions.

2.  Most useful, simple, is to point fourth ant to SA, and swing the stack
only from 330 for JA to 35 for EU, only 95 degrees...AND switch to the SA
instead of joining it to the three others.

3.  Prior to Force 12 entries, there was a very good plan for three TH-7...
one at 40, second at 75 and third at 100 or 120 or something like that on
one rotating tower.

4.  This plan locks your station into a single operator with limited
spotting chances.

I did not mention other of the many variables.  GL, 73 Charly

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 7:14 PM, Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net> wrote:

> I'm in the process of putting up a second tower which will have stacked
> tribanders.  These 3 tribanders will be fed via a Stack Match with equal
> lengths of coax.
>
> My current tower also has a tribander.
>
> I plan on installing a stackmatch II switch between the two towers for
> quick direction changing or spraying my signal in 2 directions.
>
> Is it worth the trouble to use equal length feed lines?  If I use what I
> currently have one feed line will be 278' and the other will be 140'.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rich - N5ZC

Charly, HS0ZCW