Re: [CQ-Contest] results auto sw bandpass filters for all bands

To: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] results auto sw bandpass filters for all bands
From: Mark Ketchell <k5er@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 22:49:23 -0500
From the two BPFs in my example, you could follow with a simple remote A/B switch (Dow-key, etc.). The "A" side from the regular bands is normally connected. When a warc band is selected, a diode matrix added inside the band decoder could output a voltage to switch the A/B to the "B" side. The common of the A/B goes to one input of your SPE. Duplicate for the other radio.

Unfortunately, this is now many more pieces than your original request for a single box. Before I lead you too far down this path, you may want to check out the book, "Managing Interstation Interference" by George, W2VJN, available from Inrad(.net). May help you decide what is most logical for you. Good luck.

73,
Mark, K5ER

Great suggestion Mark.
However, where does your RF output from the two filters go?  If directly to
antennas and antenna switches, ok, but what if one puts a linear amplifier
to follow the BP filters?
My SPE amp allows two RF inputs, switchable, so the one input could be
regular bands and the other input be for WARC.  That could work great.

But, then where is the OTHER transceiver/amp?  No need for the filters if
there is no second source of huge levels of RF.  Seems then one would need
two SPE amps and a second transceiver??

I thank all with suggestions.  73, Charly