Re: [CQ-Contest] results auto sw bandpass filters for all bands

To: Mark Ketchell <k5er@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] results auto sw bandpass filters for all bands
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 12:07:04 +0700
My own and perhaps unique solution is to depend on the isolation of the
Radio 1 and Radio 2 and SO2R wiring inside the Expert 2K-FA.   That is the
SO2R RF socket on the amplifier can be either shorted or further isolated
to aid in bandpass interdiction for the "other" radio set on receive during
a high 1.5KW transmission by the "first" radio.

Consult the block diagram at
http://www.rfsolutions.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/EXPERT2K-FA-users-manual.pdf

​to see the chance to get access to the signal chain for more isolation via
the SO2R socket (which I will not otherwise be using).

Factory says about 25db isolation at worse case, without SO2R shorted to
ground.
Sounds ok to me if "other" radio is on a different band from "first" radio.
73, Charly​