[CQ-Contest] Pirate QSO Party tomorrow!

To: nccc@contesting.com, nccc-blue@kkn.net, k6bj@k6bj.org, cq-contest@contesting.com, slvarc@yahoogroups.com, wwyc@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Pirate QSO Party tomorrow!
From: "San Fraser" <wolfsan@baymoon.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 20:27:51 -0700
Ahoy, me Hearties!

Could it really be only one more day before the Pirate QSO Party?
YARRRRRR! Indeed, the festivities will be tomorrow, Tues. September 22nd,
from 5:30pm to 8:30pm PST (UTC: September 23rd, 2015, 0:30 to 3:30), on
15, 20, and 40m SSB. Check it out, last year we had participants all over
the US and from 6 other countries and we expect another lively brawl for
2015!

For the rules, please follow this URL:
http://pirateqsoparty.weebly.com/rules.html

Here is the download link to the pirate logging program (may not have been
updated from 2014):
https://github.com/julian94/PirateLogger/raw/master/dist/PirateLogger.jar

If the logging program is giving you trouble, no need to walk the plank!
Troubleshooting FAQ is below.

Now let's weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen (lest we appear as
lead-swinging landlubbers)!

73 de San, W6RRR

Troubleshooting logging problems:

Q. What is the name of the file do I need to open? How do I open it? A.
The name is 'piratelogger.jar'. To open, double-click on the file. If it
does not run automatically, keep reading.

Q. I double-clicked on the file, but it won't run. Help?
A. Try moving it to a location where the computer can find it. On my
machine, this is 'Program Files'.

Q. I tried moving it to a better folder, but I still can't get it working.
Now what?
A. Try opening the file manually using the '-jar' command. Open a command
prompt, CD to the directory containing piratelogger.jar, and type 'java
-jar piratelogger.jar', and then press 'enter'. (If you are not sure how
to use a command prompt or CD/Change Directory, please consult Lord
Google)

Q. OK, I used the '-jar' command but am getting some error saying
something like "Exception in thread
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError........." What is this?
A. Unsupported Class errors seem to mean that Java needs updating.
Download a newer version and try again.

Q. It's still not working?!?!
A. Sounds frustrating. I'll try to answer other questions by email but
there is not much time and I am hardly a computer expert. I suppose paper
logging's always an option?