Re: [CQ-Contest] Coax Stubs for SO2R

To: k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Coax Stubs for SO2R
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 21:06:40 +0300

>> -attenuation almost doubles in dB compared to one stub
>>

> Yes.
>

>> --> I have been building only double stubs nowadays.
>>

> Me too.
>
> Another point. When you have done this amount of suppression, you will
> likely begin to find other sources of 2nd harmonic, as W3LPL recently
> observed (perhaps on another reflector), AND you may also find leakage
> paths in your antenna switching system.  I recently replaced a vintage Six
> Pack with a 6x2 sold by 4O3A. I measured crosstalk in the 4O3A unit before
> installing it and the Six Pack after removing it and found the 4O3A unit
> had more than 20dB better isolation on 20M.

Recipe for this:
http://www.yccc.org/Articles/K3NA_stubs.pdf

Eric has done a wonderful job describing the ultimate stub system.
But the stub construction method is critical to build; personally I liked
K2TR stubs better.
At OH0V, we have built the system according to Eric K3NA switching
principles and K2TR(K1TTT?) stub principles.

> In hopes of picking up another 6-10 dB of isolation, I am also planning to
> replace some of the random vintage patch cables in my station with newly
> made jumpers using high quality RG213 and Amphenol 83-1SP connectors.

Well .. some just simply go the extra mile !

> 73, Jim K9YC

73,
Jukka OH6LI