[CQ-Contest] down sizing, anyone?

To: w7dra@juno.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] down sizing, anyone?
From: <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 19:08:50 -0700
yes, I know I am 75 1/2 and I cannot lift let alone maintain most of the
equipment here at whispering firs. Recently I have gotten rid of a BC779,
a Super pro 400, and got someone interested in the NC183.
 Wait! Isn't that my 160 meter contest radio for the past 30 years? Too
bad. Going to fix up an S40 to fit in its place.

think about it you guys, the next time you replumb you bathroom sink
realize that it is the LAST time you will have to do it. Ever. You will
be dead before the brass wears through.

so why not radios? go back to using a TS 520 or an FT101. Sell your tower
and put up a dipole and work a few before or after the football game

mike w7dra