Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting in-debth

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting in-debth
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 18:46:10 -0700
On Thu,10/29/2015 4:58 PM, Peter Dougherty (W2IRT) wrote:
The advantage of operating assisted and using point-and-shoot over spinning the
dial is easily a million points if not two.

This post emphasizes how out of touch east coast and EU contesters are to how things are in the rest of the world. My station's personal best in ARRL DX CW was 1829K in a multi-single with N6GQ in 2011. As single op assisted, my best was 1460K in 2012.

Yes, spots can certainly make S&P a lot more efficient, but the only way I could add "a million points if not two" is to move 2,500 miles east!

73, Jim K9YC