Re: [CQ-Contest] When do we spot? Should it be required?

To: Mike Smith VE9AA <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] When do we spot? Should it be required?
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 11:35:53 -0400
Hi Mike,

It was me about the CW squawk.
.
I'm testing it with VE4EA... (My K3 front end got blown up by an in-band
mistake at K6ND last weekend).
Anyway, I made a 60 wpm wave file for "CQ VE4EA".  For that sequence, it is
1 second long.   I would suggest
that it not squawk on every transmission, but every N transmissions or few
mins.  One second is nothing.

If you want a "CQ VE9AA" wav file, I'll send you one.

I'll let people know the results when we are finished testing.

This is a WAV file test, sending in SSB mode. (SSB + CW tone) = CW.

It'll be interesting to see how RBN reacts.

73, Gerry W1VE/VE1RM