Re: [CQ-Contest] When do we spot? Should it be required?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] When do we spot? Should it be required?
From: Ken Low <kenke3x@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 19:29:14 -0400
> The key word here is "RUNNING."  Nothing worse than seeing someone with "Spot
> all S&P QSOs" turned on when they are actually running a frequency
> (Pro tip:  You should be in Run mode then.)  Dozens of mults that aren't
> really there piled up in the band map on top of each other, so then I have
> to block the spotter to keep the bandmap and the mult window clear.

"I am happy to report that, thanks to N1MM, this will be changed in the
next release of N1MM Logger+.

73,

Steve"

THANK YOU Steve !!!!

There were a whole bunch of stations who polluted the band map last weekend by
spotting while running.  Even after being told repeatedly what was happening,
they did nothing about it, and may not even have known how to change their own
configuration.   I can see how new or inexperienced ops at a Multi could have
unknowingly done this.

Anyway it was a huge waste of time for any Assisted op trying to keep an
accurate band map.

Ken KE3X