[CQ-Contest] VY1AAA @ VY1JA will be QRV for CW SS...

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] VY1AAA @ VY1JA will be QRV for CW SS...
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 14:06:34 -0500
Hello All,

Thanks to a lot of work from J and the remote team, Hal, W1NN, will operate
SOHP in November SS via remote from his home in Ohio.

The newly-purchased K3s is in place at the station, and J is putting
finishing touches on a 50' tower with 4L Quad this week.   He also has
full-sized ground planes on 80 and 40, which are both 1/4-wave above the
ground.   Hal wil lbe QRV 80-10,though for many of us 20 or 40 will be the
money band.

There are other antenna projects under way, but we have had some delays in
getting needed help to get them in the air.  Speaking of delays -- it took
9 days to get the K3 through customs in Vancouver!

Thanks again to all who supported the VY1JA station rebuild!

Listen on the bands during this week -- we are on testing and making Qs.

You can see our operating calendar at calendar.vy1aaa.org.

We have two operating modes -- RemoteRig + K3 or K3/0, or using TeamViewer
plus Skype.
If you are interested in operating a contest, get hold of me and we will
set up some training.

The station still has a bunch of hardware changes to go moving forward, all
designed to make remote operation more functional, and a louder signal.

I'll see you all from Vermont -- I'll be W1VE@K2LE/1, in the shack this
time.

73, Gerry W1VE/VE1RM
for the Yukon CanAm Contest Club, VY1AAA