Re: [CQ-Contest] Internet Radio Abusers

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Internet Radio Abusers
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 23:06:45 -0700

As if anyone cares, Doug.

Besides, how do you plan to police this sort of thing? Since the rules allow such operations, nobody really needs to declare anything other than where their transmitter/receiver was located ... they don't have to declare where they were located.

And actually ... the rules do make it right. The rules (governing body and contest sponsor) are all that count, period. Don't participate if you don't like the rules.

That being said, you always have the right to refuse a QSL for whatever reason you like, silly or otherwise. Just don't try to pretend your reasons have anything to do with the rules. The contact was legitimate according to the contest rules you agreed to adhere to ... assuming you enter a log. If you carried that a bit further and deleted the "offending" QSO from your log before you submitted it, I'd disqualify your log if I was the contest sponsor.

Dave   AB7E