Re: [CQ-Contest] Leveling the playing field

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Leveling the playing field
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 14:29:19 -0700
On 11/10/2015 11:38 AM, Ed Sawyer wrote:

Oh and by the way, SS in the US is very unfair to North East US stations.
It should have inverse mileage based scoring actually to level the playing
field.  But there is negative growth in that contest so why beat a dead
horse.

Sorry, but your statement does not match the facts. Phone SS participation has been growing. CW SS participation is stable. If guys like you would actually operate SS, instead of grousing about it being "very unfair to North East US stations" it would grow even more. You don't hear me grousing about CQWW being unfair from here in southwest New Mexico, do you ? I just keep plugging away, and sometimes do pretty well.

73,
Steve, N2IC