Re: [CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Ranking

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Distance-Based Ranking
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 20:08:37 -0800
On Wed,11/11/2015 12:37 PM, W5GN wrote:
If we are going to change scoring, I think working a QRP station should be
worth 3 points TO THE RECEIVING STATION, not to the TRANSMITTING STATION, and 2
points for RECEIVING a LOW POWER station.

The rules designed by N6TR for Stew Perry allows 4X for working a QRP station and 2X for a Low Power station. I think that's a very good rule. I work QRP in some contests, and the many of guys that hear me 1) have worked on their RX antenna systems and 2) take extra time to pull me out. The station who's running QRP gets a 3X multiplier; for Low Power, it's 1.5X. I think that's fair too -- if you're going to be effective at QRP, you need to have worked on your TX antenna farm, AND you've got to be a damn smart operator!

73, Jim K9YC