[CQ-Contest] Category hopping

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Category hopping
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 23:28:24 -0500
Oli,

Doesn't it seem odd to you that a team that has won M2X for many years, all of
a sudden on the day the logs are due secretly says nothing and submits their
log as MM. No one even knew until Martin, LU5DX , noticed this and posted his
message. Plus, on that same day D4C posts a score on 3830 that is way ahead of
all the competitors in M2X. These facts plus the spotting evidence so far on
the DX Summit point to them category hopping.

Like many have said you aren't required to post on 3830 and can move up a
category if you choose because of the way the rules are written. But what they
did is considered unethical by many in the contest community. If you want to
keep secret what you do you should n't post to 3830 in the first place.

This question can be answered easily if someone from the CR3L team responds to
these accusations on the reflector. Keeping quite doesn't help the perception
that many of us have. The fact is if there where any issues brought up about
our operation at PJ4A I would be on here right away explaining myself. Note
them changing back to M2X doesn't benefit our team because we would fall out of
the top 5 of the claimed scores.

I'm sure they monitor this reflector because many on their team are well known
contesters. One is actually a director for WRTC.

Jeff