[CQ-Contest] Category hopping

To: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Category hopping
From: Maarten van Rossum <pd2r.maarten@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 22:48:08 +0100
Jeff,

YOU feel it's unethical and YOU want them te respond publicly and defend
themselves.
I think there is nothing wrong with what they did and I would not feel any
need to defend myself because according to the rules we all play by, I did
nothing wrong.

I would especially not feel the need to defend myself to people like you
who apperently think they are talking on behalf of the whole contesting
community, telling people what they should and shouldn't do. Reading all
the comments on this reflector regarding this subject, I'm under the strong
impression that the contesting community is devided on this one.

You are right about you not calling CR3L cheaters like UT5UGR directly. But
refering to a cheater like you did in you original post in my book is only
slightly less offending.

If you want to make changes to prevent category hopping then take it up
with of the rule makers. If category hopping is indeed a not accepted
contesting practice, this should be a pice of cake.

For now, let's agree to disagree on this one and leave it at that.

73, Maarten PD2R

Op dinsdag 8 december 2015 heeft Jeff Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','ku8e@bellsouth.net');>> het volgende
geschreven:

> Maarten PD2R -
>
> Maybe you didn't understand my comment? You are taking my words out of
> context.
>
> I never suggested that CR3L cheated or should be DQ'ed like others have. I
> only stated what they did by category hopping is unethical. Period.
>
> I also didn't call them cheaters like UT5UGR. I only suggested that they
> not sit back and purposely not defend their actions by ignoring this
> discussion much like Dimitry did last year.
>
> The bottom line is category hopping isn't an accepted contesting practice.
> If doing this is part of your contesting strategy then maybe you shouldn't
> post your score on 3830 or wait until after the log deadline so you don't
> face any scrutiny. With the cheating that's been going on recently you will.
>
> Jeff KU8E

73, Maarten PD2R