Re: [CQ-Contest] CR3L Should Reconsider Submission Catagory

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CR3L Should Reconsider Submission Catagory
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 08:37:22 -0600
Or as I said earlier, the postings to 3830 can be made at any time, but they don't become visible to anyone till after the log submission deadline.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 12/8/2015 3:18 AM, W0MU wrote:
The only way to stop this other than intimidation, which I think is uncalled for in contest that we do for fun and a piece of paper or plaque, would be to require entrants to declare their intentions prior to the contest, thus locking them into a specific category. Now as others have said things change during a contest that could end up changing your classification. Then what? DQ? I would hope not.

CR3 exemplifies the argument to judge all logs under all categories that their log would be acceptable under.

When my friend WB0IWL/N0RK passed away I entered Multiop because that is what we did in Sweepstakes to honor him. Is there something wrong with this? I hope not. I thought it was a great way to honor my friend. When I went down to V47 in the 80's as a 17 year old punk, I found out someone else was competing on SSB during the contest so I changed my mind and went Mixed mode by making a handful of CW contacts, I could have made none and just claimed mixed. Gosh should I send back my certificate?

Who is being harmed here? Was there another CR3 MM? If so do they really deserve a plaque if beaten by a M2 station?

Category switching has been going on a long time. 3830 and the internet has made it a bit easier to track.

I see no real issue with this. I have a hard time saying they were unethical or it was unsportsmanlike like. If the rules allow it what is the problem. If people believe that the rules should be changed, great but that was not what was brought up.

Why was this operation shamed in public when there are many other stations known for using excessive power and other discretion and those calls have never been called out in public?