Re: [CQ-Contest] CR3L Should Reconsider Submission Catagory

To: Jorge Diez CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>, George K5KG via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CR3L Should Reconsider Submission Catagory
From: Rudy Bakalov via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 05:26:10 -0500
Not really. Proportionality only makes sense if you are comparing identical
stations- equipment, skills, teams, etc.  CR3L has demonstrated that you can do
more with less. In the extreme example, a SOAB station can qualify as M/M.

The purpose of the categories is to set a maximum bar (e.g., single vs. many
operators, low vs. high power, etc.), not minimum.

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate
autocorrect.

> On Dec 8, 2015, at 5:17 AM, Jorge Diez CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> GM!
>
> They thing is that they choose a category BECAUSE they saw other scores
>
> If 3830 doesn't exist, what do you think, they will be M2 or MM?
>
> If all have a PROPORTIONAL, if all is "normal", MM will do more points than
> M2 and M2 more points than MS, so if you did MS you will not send as M2 or
> MM, only if you see others scores and accommodate you category to win
>
> And if this is Ok, well, we are very bad
>
> 73,
> Jorge
>

> Enviado desde mi iPhone
>
>> El 8 dic. 2015, a las 06:57, Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com> escribió:
>>
>> The thing is, in both cases the ops would be following the rules as the
>> categories overlap.
>>
>> Rudy N2WQ
>>
>> Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate
>> autocorrect.
>>

>>> On Dec 7, 2015, at 9:58 PM, Jorge Diez CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So if you agree with that because within the rules they can send as M2 or
>>> MM we are very bad
>>>
>>> So V47T or CR3OO would change for SOAB HP ASSISTED to win the plaque and
>>> this is ok for you?
>>>
>>> 73,
>>> Jorge
>>> CX6VM/CW5W