Re: [CQ-Contest] CR3L Should Reconsider Submission Category

To: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CR3L Should Reconsider Submission Category
From: "ve4xt@mymts.net" <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 11:31:46 -0600
Jeff,

Massaging your entry to attempt to qualify for an easier category you don't is
unethical.

Entering a TOUGHER category than you operated? Why is that even an issue?

If you start a contest in high power and your amp fails, but realize you're
still having enough fun limping home barefoot, does that mean you must become a
checklog rather than enter HP?

If you start a contest barefoot and then turn your amp on, if you submit as
high-power, what ethical breach have you committed? Is having the audacity to
claim credit for those more-difficult LP contacts an egregious insult to those
guys who started burning lifespan off their 3CX1500s at the start?

If a handicapped boxer wins a match against an able-bodied opponent and the
first boxer's handicap is only discovered afterward, is his victory null?

Really: M2 should not be able to beat MM. But if it happens, it's not the fault
if the M2.

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPad